Last Modified: June 29, 2023
This Policy describes our practices in connection with information we collect when you:
- Visit the Axiota website or another website owned, maintained, or controlled by Axiota;
- View or click on any of our content;
- Receive or reply to email or other electronic communications from us;
- Interact with us on our social media pages, channels or websites;
- Create an account or otherwise register for, or purchase, services;
- Fill out a survey, complete a questionnaire or quiz, or participate in a promotion, giveaway, or sweepstakes;
- Purchase a product from us or are party to a transaction with us;
- Use software applications made available by us on computers or mobile devices; and
- Interact off-line with us, such as during site visits or by attending, live or virtually, an event or conference.
Collectively, the above referred to herein as the “Services.”
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws and jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than those of the United States.
This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of third parties that we do not own or control. We may provide third party content or links to third party websites or applications, but the inclusion of a link on the Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates. When you interact with a third party, you should read such third party’s privacy policies and terms of service to make sure you understand how the third party might collect and share information about you.
What information do we collect?
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with you or your household (for example, name, social security number, email address, records of products purchased, Internet browsing history, geolocation data, fingerprints, and inferences from other personal information that could create a profile about your preferences and characteristics).
The type of Personal Information we collect varies based on the Services provided. During a Service, we may collect Personal Information, including without limitation, name, phone number, payment information, postal address, e-mail address, photographs and videos. Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and that you not disclose to us, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background).
How do we use your Personal Information?
The Personal Information we collect from you may be used for legitimate business purposes including, without limitation, to:
- Improve our website;
- Improve customer service;
- Develop, promote, improve and market our products and services;
- Connect you with third parties;
- Process purchases and other transactions;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries or complaints;
- Communicate with you;
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements, legal process, contractual obligations, and our policies;
- Conduct research and data analysis;
- Provide you with tailored content, marketing, and promotional messages;
- Enable you to manage your preferences including, without limitation, the ability to opt-out;
- Establish and defend legal rights, protect our operations and pursue available remedies;
- Conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets; and
- Verify your identity.
We may also use your Personal Information for any other purpose that we disclose at the time we collect such Personal Information.
We may also aggregate or deidentify Personal Information you provide and use it for any purpose, including product and service development and improvement activities and market analysis. Aggregated or deidentified information no longer identifies you or any other individual.
How do we protect your information?
We seek to use reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards, and other security measures to protect Personal Information within our organization from growing threats. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We therefore recommend that you use every precaution to protect your information when using the Internet and any other links. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the contact methods provided below.
How do we collect information?
We collect Personal Information directly from you through the Services. For example, you may provide your contact information when you register on our website in order to receive information about, or purchase, our products.
We may also use or augment the Personal Information we have about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases and social media platforms. For example, we may collect information from other sources to verify the licensure status and identity of veterinarians or other animal-health care professionals who register on our website.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information, except that we may share Personal Information with:
- Our affiliates for the purposes described in this Policy;
- Third-party service providers/vendors to facilitate services they provide to us, such as marketing, advertising, market research, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services;
- Third parties or affiliates in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation or merger of an Axiota business;
- Third parties for other legal reasons, such as to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, you or others;
- Governmental or other public authorities (including regulators and law enforcement) as permitted or required by law, regulation, or court order; and
- Your veterinarian and other animal-health care professionals.
We will limit sharing of your Personal Information where appropriate and where legally required. We may also disclose to third parties aggregated or deidentified information that is not personally identifiable for any purpose.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years of age or older.
Pixel Tags and Similar Technologies.
- Pixel Tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services, measure the success of marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address. Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.
- Physical Location. We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, call phone tower or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements your viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Your Privacy Choices
You may be given the option of receiving recurring informational/promotional/marketing e-mails from Axiota and third parties working with Axiota. You may unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving any informational/promotional material by following the instructions as mentioned in the e-mail or included in each program we send to you. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
If you would like to access, delete, review, or update personal information that you have provided to us, you may contact us as indicated in the Contact Us section. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
We may amend this Policy at any time. When we do, we will let you know by appropriate means such as posting the revised Policy on this page with a new “Last Modified” date. Changes to this Policy will become effective when posted unless otherwise indicated.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or wish to change your registration information for our website, you may contact us at:
Axiota Animal Health
2809 East Harmony Road #190
Fort Collins, Colorado 80528